50 calming affirmations for Christmas chaos
Take a moment for yourself this festive season, with these 50 affirmations designed to help you find calm in the chaos
Christmas is a time for giving, gratitude, reflection, and togetherness. It’s also a time for over-flowing to-do lists, kitchen nightmares, noise, lights, and family fall-outs. So, this year, doesn’t it just make sense to make a commitment to creating pockets of calm, where you can?
Affirmations are short phrases or mantras that we can repeat to ourselves, either aloud or in our heads, that help us to focus our minds, soothe stress, and build resilience. Here, we’ve collected together a list of 50 affirmations, designed to help you find calm in the chaos.
Which ones resonate with you? Pick out a selection, note them down on your phone, or write them out on a piece of paper to keep in your bag or pocket – and, when you feel your stress levels rising, breathe deeply, and repeat your affirmations. Let the calm in, and the chaos go…
- I let go of the pursuit of perfection.
- I am committed to peace and calm.
- I am capable of tackling obstacles.
- My thoughts do not control me, I control my thoughts.
- My wellbeing is worth protecting.
- I am doing the best I can.
- I take things one step at a time.
- My feelings deserve to be recognised.
- I invite joy into my life.
- I am the architect of my own life.
- I give myself permission to rest.
- I let go of stress.
- I am safe.
- I can ask for help when I need it.
- I deserve to be treated with respect.
- I recognise my skills.
- My feelings are valid and I will Iisten to them.
- I do not need to please everyone.
- I treat myself with kindness.
- I live in line with my values.
- I have the tools I need to face challenges that come my way.
- I will take time to find joy in my day.
- I am allowed to say ‘no’.
- I am grateful for what I have.
- I treasure happy moments.
- I relieve myself of the pressure to perform.
- I can feel a sense of calm moving through my body.
- My mind is still and quiet.
- My anxious thoughts don’t rule me.
- It is healthy to set boundaries with others.
- I deserve to rest.
- If I reach my capacity, I can stop.
- I am not responsible for everyone’s happiness.
- I breathe out stress and breathe in peace.
- Asking for help is a sign of strength.
- It’s OK to need quiet.
- I deserve to feel appreciated.
- I am not responsible for the things I can’t control.
- I don’t need to prove myself to anyone.
- It’s OK to take a step back.
- I will have a peaceful day.
- I let go of the tension.
- I have faith in myself.
- I return to the present moment.
- I am capable of being calm.
- I do not ponder on intrusive thoughts.
- I am loved.
- External stress doesn’t need to affect me.
- I deserve compassion.
- I am calm.
Looking for support? Connect with a counsellor using the Counselling Directory